Saturday, June 8, 2013

I've Been Lazy!

I've been so lazy with the slow process of healing.  I was able to see the surgeon this week and while he gave me two thumbs up, he acknowledged that I was going to be tired feeling for a while and sore for about three months.  Other than that, though, I feel fit as a fiddle!

I would like to fill in a little more back story on my second year in the bush.  First, November of that year, I remarried.  No, not an Alaskan.  Women ask me all of the time if it is true that the male/female ratio is more favorable in Alaska.  It is.  But instead I married an old friend, Walt, who was living in New Jersey which is how I migrated from Ohio.  We have been married three and a half years and it has been a good thing.

Second, I spent part of that school year working in Fairbanks.  Allow me to sum that up: I LOVE Fairbanks.  It is a college town that is immensely diverse and filled with lots of things to do, panoramic views and some of the nicest people I have ever met.  Over thirty languages are spoken in the Fairbanks schools.  The two also boasts two military bases and I had the extreme pleasure of working with some of the children at Ft. Wainwright.  Nice nice kids!

Fairbanks, Alaska



I will try to add some more photos from Fairbanks later.


No comments:

Post a Comment